B. S. College Danapur
Bindeshwar Singh College, Danapur, established and named after great visionary Shri Bindeshwar Singh, in 1954 on the bank of the river Ganga. Since 1975 the college is a constituent unit of Magadh University, Bodh Gaya. Now after bifurcation it comes under Patliputra University.
The College is endowed with natural surroundings and great men of the ancient and medival period. The pious place Maner, Sufi saint Makhdoom Yahiya Maneri Bari Dargah is on west of the college. Indian village-culture can be seen on the north with the expansions of the Ganga river. 'Khgaul' - the work place of the Great mathematician and astronomer Aryabhatta is on the south of the college.
The college has vibrant campus providing all round development of the young generation of the country. Activities like - sports, debates, music and exhibition are the center of attraction by the active participation of the students, teachers and all other member of the college.
Dr.(Prof.) Pravin Kumar, Principal
The college maintains the national standard of Laboratory, Library, Sports, Debate through different student/teacher societies of the college as per the UGC and AICTE norms.
The inter-university competition Tarang' started in 2007-08 witnessed the achievements of the students of the college.
All these we can achieve with active participation of students and all members of the college under the vow of discipline and active support of the parents.
B. S. College inspires, prepares, and empowers students to succeed in a changing world.
- We inspire students to learn and to develop as whole people: intellectually, physically, and emotionally
- We inspire students to continue learning throughout life.
- We prepare and empower students to be successful by helping them develop the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to enter or progress within the work force or to transfer to a four-year institution, and to adapt and thrive in our increasingly diverse and ever-changing world.
- To be a national leader in transforming lives through an innovative, rigorous, and compassionate approach to education.
- This means:
- We continually strive to strengthen and improve the positive impact we have on our students and community: transforming their lives, as well as our own, through our work
- We will become known nationally as an institution that "makes a difference"
- We continually strive to innovate – finding new and more effective ways to educate and serve students
- We sustain rigor in our work – holding high standards and expectations for both our students and for ourselves
- We approach our work with compassion – acknowledging the whole person, working with integrity and caring, accepting people where they are and moving them forward without sacrificing standards or expectations; bringing joy, honesty, and understanding to our work.
The B. S. College community values:
- inspiring learning
- broadening perspectives
- pursuing excellence
- responding to community needs
- achieving goals
- transforming lives
- celebrating achievement